Call for Abstracts
The Call for Abstracts for the 20th International Symposium on Recent Advances in Otitis Media (OM2019) located at the Loews Hollywood Hotel, June 9-13, 2019, is NOW CLOSED!
The Program Committee is now reviewing abstracts for presentations at the meeting.
Notifications will be sent to authors by March 31, 2019.
Abstract Review and Notification: The Program Committee has the responsibility to review and rank all abstracts that are submitted. Abstracts will be considered for both Podium and Poster Presentations. Email notifications will be sent to the presenting author.
Registration Requirement: All presenters of papers and posters are required to register for OM2019 and are responsible for their own travel expenses.
OM2019 Program Committee Members:
- Kevin Mason (Chair, Nationwide Children’s Research Institute, USA)
- Mahmood Bhutta (Univ. of Oxford, UK)
- Steven Boppart (Univ. of Illinois, USA)
- Tatsuya Hayashi (Asahikawa Medical Univ., Japan)
- Arwa Kurabi (Univ. of California, San Diego, USA)
- Ruth Thornton (Univ. of Western Australia)
- Tal Marom (Assuta Ashdod Univ. Hospital, Israel)
- Robyn Marsh (Menzies School of Health Research, Australia)
- Diego Preciado (Children’s National Health System, USA)
- Regie Lyn Santos-Cortez (Univ. of Colorado, USA)
- Anne Schilder (Univ. College London, UK)
- Sharon Ovnat Tamir (Assuta Ashdod Univ. Hospital, Israel)
- Roderick Venekamp (Utrecht Univ., Netherlands)
The 20th International Symposium on Recent Advances in Otitis Media (OM2019) will be an excellent, international forum to advance the frontiers of research, education, and patient care as they relate to otitis media. One of the most innovative aspects of this meeting in 2019 will be that the “Research Symposium,” which at past Symposia followed the Program, will be fully embedded into the 2019 Program so that all members and attendees can not only benefit, but also participate in this process.
The current ISOM 2019 Meeting Program schedule is outlined below. Click the image to expand.The Symposium will highlight the following topics of research in both basic and clinical science:
- Biomedical Engineering/Biotechnology/New Models
- Epigenetics/Genomics/Precision Medicine
- Microbiome/Polymicrobial nature of Otitis Media/Microbial shifts with antibiotics/Broad licensure and use of vaccines
- Impact of Otitis Media on quality of life and development
- Global burden of Disease /Disadvantaged populations
Additional Program Details will be posted as they become available.
The 20th International Symposium on Recent Advances in Otitis Media is currently requesting Continuing Medical Education Units through the American College of Surgeons, an ACCME accredited provider. Additional information will be posted soon.